APCS was founded back in 1982 for the design and manufacture of Signal Conditioning modules - after 26 years of operation, APCS was purchased by NESS Corporation, a company with over 120 employees.
NESS's main business is the manufacture and sales of Security and building automation products. With the acquisition of APCS, NESS is extending its market to into Industrial Instrumentation and Automation. The modern manufacturing facility located in Seven Hills is being utilised to manufacture all APCS products in house.
What is Signal Conditioning?
"Anything in / anything out" - conversion, isolation, amplification, splitting, monitoring and many more functions for electrical signals or signals from sensors producing electrical signals used in measurement and control applications.
- requires non electrical coupling of signals ( magnetic , optical )
- changing signals to different levels/type
- increase of signal level
- contact output to alarm process conditions
APCS Signal Conditioners can interface to most types of input signals, and convert these to a dc current or voltage for monitoring or control:
- dc current or voltage
- ac current, voltage, watts, vars, power factor, mains frequency, tap position
- resistance or potentiometer
- temperature using RTD or thermocouple or thermistor
- Load Cell
- Frequency from a variety of proximity sensors
- LVDT (Linear Variable Differential Transformer) used for measuring linear displacement
- pH, ORP, Dissolved Oxygen
For example to measure temperature measurement a Thermocouple the signal conditioner is required to Amplifiy, Linearize, Isolate and compensate fot the cold junction.
APCS also manufacture Calibrators to assist field technicians during testing and installation
Industries using Signal Conditioning
Any automated operations, factories, transport, building automation, power generation, marine, research, mining, environmental, primary production ...
APCS would be pleased to help you select the most suitable signal conditioner for your application , whether this is one of our standard stock items or design and build a customised unit.
|Division||APCS is a division of Ness Corporation|
|Phone||+61 2 8825 9295|
|Fax||+61 2 8825 9290|
|Location||Unit 4/ 167 Prospect Highway, Seven Hills NSW 2147 Australia|
|Private Bag 23 Seven Hills NSW 1730|
|Office hours||8.30 to 5.pm Monday to Friday|
- This statement applies to all users who access www.apcs.net.au.
- The APCS Web Site makes some use of data that only indirectly identifies users. We take great care with practices that affect personal privacy. As a general rule, we do not collect or record data that directly identifies users.
- Data Collection
- Data that indirectly identifies users is gathered during interactions with the APCS Web Site in the following circumstances:
- Computer Information
It is necessary that your web browser provides your machine's network address, so the web server can address its replies back to the correct machine. In addition, the browser type and operating system information may be recorded.
- Navigation and Click-Stream Data
Browsing any web site generates a trail of pages visited, the amount of data transferred and the time of access. This information is recorded against the network address supplied by your web browser.
- Electronic Mail
It is a necessary part of electronic mail that a sender and receiver address is supplied. These are recorded as well as a message identifier, amount of data and the time. The address you supply as sender is only a pseudonym and may possibly bear no relation to your real name, so is not considered as directly identifying you.
- We may use forms on the site to provide information, register interest, or purchase publications, the information you provide is not retained on the public web server and will not be used for purposes other than that for which it was provided.
- We will only record your e-mail address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided and will not be added to a mailing list unless that is the purpose of the message. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it without your consent.
- Data Storage Retention Use and Disclosure
- The data referred to above is generated by the systems you are accessing, and stored in system logs. These logs are preserved and archived for possible future use.
- The data is used by APCS Web Site software, and by our support staff, only for web site and systems administration, including monitoring as a security measure
customisation of the web site to meet your needs evaluation, research and development.
- The data collected will not be disclosed to a third party except where it is legally required, such as in the investigation of a criminal offence, and in compliance with a search warrant or subpoena.
- A cookie is a very small text file placed onto your computer when you visit a Web site. A cookie can be 'persistent' (meaning that it is written to a permanent file on your hard disk) or 'session-only' (in which case the cookie is deleted at the end of your browsing session).
- Any cookies used do not collect or store permanent information about the user, but are used to allocate a temporary identifier for site operation.
- Links to other sites
- This site may contain links to other sites. APCS is not responsible for the privacy practice or the content of such web sites.
If you are having a problem accessing the site, please let us know.
Comments may also be submitted in writing to:
|Subject:||Problem with web site|